Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Quilters Breathing Space


As a longarm quilter it is good to have a break from the mental pressures that quilting a custom quilt for a customer entails.  To be able to take a customer quilt where the request is something simple and avoid quilting over the horses, is a welcome relief.

Both the top and the backing were flannel.  The backing was also pieced so with this pattern I was able to avoid the corners of the seams which were very thick.

The horses were impeccably blanket stitched to the background.  The gap in the quilting on the right is where I was avoiding a horse!

No off to put another custom quilt on the frame.  It is a bright Kaffe Fassett fabric hexagon quilt.  Won't really get much done as I am to a quilt retreat this weekend.  I am hoping to piece together my 2012 APQS block swap quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment