Friday, September 7, 2012

OOOOoooops!

I was really pleased to receive a phonecall early this morning from a customer, thanking me for quilting her quilt and saying how wonderful the  quilting design was.  I thought I had taken more photos of the quilt but the only one I have tells a different story.  The quilt was all asian fabrics and I used a Glide thread called Cleopatra that looks gold in colour.  I quilted it with a Clamshell desgin using long boards on the back of my machine.  Because I was standing at the back I am not constantly looking at the front of the quilt.  So it  happened that I stitched through one of my flower head pins, that I was using to baste the quilt.  Changed the needle etc and complacency set in again and I stitched through a second one before I finished the quilt!  But she loved it and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I would have a heart attack if that happened to me! Glad it didn't cause you any grief.

    ReplyDelete