Monday, August 19, 2013

My Daughter's Wedding Dress

 I have taken a few days off from quilting to work on making my daughter's wedding dress.

Found that if I raised my machine to its highest point, then I could use the 60" cutting mat on my back table to cut all 43 pieces out.

The frame itself then came in very handy as a clothes horse.

I can now say that after three days of sewing I have the whole dress in one piece, the last seams are only basted in case I have to do some major changes.  Now I can take it on a 1500km  road trip to my daughter's this week for a fitting.

Then once I get back home put in a zip, finish the bodice edges, hem the lining, the dress and the overdress.

Then I can start on my outfit and also a top for the granddaughter with some of the leftovers.

Still doable  - just a bit more difficult since my grandson will come back with me so my daughter can finish her wedding preparations without four year old tantrums.


3 comments:

  1. You seem to thrive with deadlines looming over your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! And what a great mum to do all that sewing, driving, AND babysitting to make her day special. I hope everything is as fantastic as your hearts desire!

    ReplyDelete