Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day One Coffee Break

This quilt belongs to a long distance customer and I do not have an email address for her.  I have sent a message 6,700kms via the Quilters Bush Telegraph (she lives 1900kms away but this crow doesn't fly straight), that I will be putting photos of the progress of her quilt on my blog.  Hopefully she can enjoy the "Quilt Along".

Coffee Break on Day One, the threads are chosen and if you look closely you can see soap marks in the sashing.  I didn't realise there was a tree in the Hand Blanket stitch applique until I pulled it fully out of its bag this morning.

While measuring it and admiring the ladybugs a plan came together. It involved a bit of premarking before it gets on the frame, so the soap marks are it.  Which means I will be stitching the border areas first.  Since it is shouting a pretty loud story of how it wants to be quilted - I hope life doesn't get in the way of me getting on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment